The Macedon Ranges Shire has secured the title of 'Champion Community' for their efforts in improving regional youth mental health.
The status acknowledges their sustained effort in successfully rolling out Mental Health First Aid training, via the Live4Life model.
Live4Life is an award-winning mental health education and youth suicide prevention model designed specifically for rural and regional communities.
The 'Champion Community' recognition was awarded by by non-for-profit Mental Health First Aid.
If this story has raised any issues, support is always available.
- Lifeline: 13 11 14 or lifeline.org.au
- SANE Australia Helpline: 1800 18 SANE (7236) or sane.org
- Beyond Blue: 1300 22 46 36 or beyondblue.org.au/forums
- Black Dog Institute: blackdoginstitute.com.au
- Headspace: 1800 650 850 or headspace.org.au
- ReachOut: reachout.com
- Suicide Call Back Service: 1300 659 467.