Local News

Central Heating Malfunction Could Have Been "A Lot Worse", Say Local CFA

heating g3cf4ff9ad 640
 
 
CFA brigades across Central Victoria are urging residents to get their gas central heating systems checked.  
 
It comes after five emergency service vehicles were called out to a smoking heater at a property in Castlemaine on Wednesday evening. 
 
The Campbell's Creek Fire brigade said the incident could have lead to a structure fire. 
 
"We discovered that the house had gas central heating which was not operating correctly," they said in a statement.
 

"If we had not attended when we did, it could have been a lot worse.".

Image: Pixabay.