Central Goldfields Shire Council last night endorsed its 2018-2019 Draft Budget, which includes the following highlights:
- A capital works program of $6.21 million which includes the replacement of Porteous Road Wareek Bridge ($600,000) and road resealing ($875,000)
- Design works for a new skate park ($28,000)
- Designs for recreation reserve upgrades ($200,000)
- Development of a recreation strategy for the Shire ($60,000)
- Development of an economic and tourism strategy for the Shire ($100,000)
- The Road Trip project supporting new young drivers, TAC funded ($180,664 over 3 years)
The 2018-2019 Draft Budget will go on public display from Friday 18 May for a period of 28 days and community members are encouraged to provide feedback.